Hair Extensions Maintenance Guide
Hair Extensions Basics
- Sleep with hair braided.
- Brush 3 times a day, beginning with the ends of the hair.
- Keep roots detangled with a loop brush.
- If you plan to color the extension, do so before they’re applied.
- Never lighten extensions!
- Only have extensions colored, applied and removed by a professional stylist.
- Plan to keep your 4-month maintenance appointment to keep your extensions in the very best condition.
How to Wash
- Brush hair before washing.
- Divide hair into two-halves, left and right, for a deeper clean on the bottom layers.
- Apply shampoo to wet hair from roots to ends. Comb fingers through hair, and rinse.
- While avoiding contact with any extension bond, apply conditioner. Comb fingers through hair, let saturate and rinse.
- Wait 2 days before washing hair after Plastic Tube, Kerastip(c), Sinweft, or Smart Tabs (SM) are applied.
- Wash about twice a week.
- Use the specially formulated treatment solution recommended by your professional stylist every other week.
- Only use hair care products sold or recommended by the professional stylist caring for your extensions.
- Hair care products must specify the are “lightweight and gentle”.
- Never use color enhancing, organic, vegan, dandruff, or regrowth products on your extensions.
How to Style
- Remove excess water by gently applying pressure with a towel.
- Partially air dry hair before blow drying.
- Avoid prolonged heat near the extension bond.
- Apply the detangle spray recommended by your stylist daily onto wet or dry hair to detangle. Brush to distribute.
- Apply the silk drops product recommended by your stylist daily to hydrate and smooth ends.
- Use high-quality ceramic styling tools on medium to low heat.
What Not to Do ---
- Never leave extensions in longer than recommended by your professional stylist.
- Never go to bed with wet, unbraided hair.
- Never let sunscreen, tanning products, oils, or alcohol come in contact with extensions. If this happens, they may become discolored.
- Never let extensions get wet while swimming – they may tangle or discolor.
- If you can’t avoid swimming:
- Braid hair and coat with Silk Drops.
- Once out of the water, wash immediately following the washing instructions.